The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry & Security has announced a seminar on complying with US export control. The two-day program is led by BIS’s professional counseling staff and provides an in-depth examination of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The program will cover the information exporters need to know to comply with U.S. export control requirements on commercial goods.
We will focus on:
- What items and activities are subject to the EAR
- Steps to take to determine the export licensing requirements for your item
- How to determine your export control classification number (ECCN)
- When you can export or reexport without applying for a license
- Export clearance procedures
- Record keeping requirements
- Real life examples in applying this information
Presenters will conduct a number of “hands-on” exercises that will prepare you to apply the regulations to your own company’s export activities. This program is well suited for those who need a comprehensive understanding of their obligations under the EAR. Technical, policy, and enforcement professionals from BIS, as well as specialists from other agencies such as the Bureau of the Census, will participate.
160A Frontage Rd Newark, NJ 07114
Date: November 14 & 15, 2018
Time: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM