The Meadowlands Liberty Convention & Visitors Bureau (www.meadowlandslive.com) presented mDest : Meet The Meadowlands at the New Jersey Sports & Exposition’s (NJSEA) Meadowlands Environment Center on Thursday, May 26, focusing on hospitality and tourism in the region. The event, in its 15th year, featured NJ Secretary of State Tahesha Way as the keynote speaker, who was introduced by NJSEA President & CEO Vincent Prieto.
The event also featured presentations from the following:
- David Blansfield, Executive Vice President/Group Publisher, Meetings Group of Northstar
- Julie Armstrong, Brand USA Global Marketing Executive, Miles Partnership
- Bernadette Carter, Vice President, Marketing & Tourism, American Dream Meadowlands
- Erick Graves, Lead Customer Care Trainer
The event also presented the Hospitourism Awards, recognizing industry leaders. Here are the recipients:
- Visitor Experience: Residence Inn by Marriott, East Rutherford Meadowlands
- Dining Experience: Personal Touch Experience
- Marketing Practice: Liberty Science Center
- Green Initiative: Element Harrison-Newark
- Community Impact: AVE Clifton
Sally Altman of the Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights was awarded with a Lifetime Achievement Award for her many years of dedicated service to tourism and hospitality in the region.