The Meadowlands Liberty Convention & Visitors Bureau (MLCVB) recently celebrated the top hospitality & tourism businesses and professionals in the region with its 4th Annual HospiTourism Awards.
At the event, which took place at the Park & Orchard in East Rutherford, the MLCVB celebrated members for the following achievements:
- Ruhul Amin of at Hilton Meadowlands Hotel accepted the award for Excellent Visitor Experience;
- Park and Orchard was awarded the Best Marketing Practice Award and this was presented to Andrew Guarino
- Best Green Initiative was presented to Sally Altman of Holiday Inn, Hasbrouck Heights;
- Bret Esbrandt Chris Lambo of Courtyard by Marriott Lyndhurst accepted the award for Community Impact and;
- Ralph Magliocchetti accepted the award for Il Villaggio in Carlstadt for the new category Outstanding Dining Experience.
“The Meadowlands is a vibrant region with a robust hospitality and tourism community, and we are very proud of all the nominees tonight” said Judy Ross, vice president for the Meadowlands Liberty CVB. “These awards set our region apart from other destinations so both local residents and those who travel here know they will be met with a certain level of expertise and service.”
The HospiTourism Awards were keynoted by Bernie Schraer, vice president of revenue and channel development for Meetings Professionals International, and Flora Phyllis Poggio, retired NJ Office of Travel & Tourism representative who shared a special presentation about her extensive travels in 2016 entitled The Good, The Bad and the Ugly: A Leisure Traveler’s Perspective.
The HospiTourism Awards are one of many events that the MLCVB and Meadowlands Regional Chamber host throughout the year to highlight members’ achievements, educate and advocate about important issues affecting the region and the state—and facilitate important networking between members.
The MLCVB is also being recognized for its contributions and service to the tourism and hospitality region.
“We just learned we will be receiving Meetings & Conventions Magazine’s Gold Service Award which we are honored to share with everyone in the region whose hospitality and professionalism have helped us increase our visibility and reputation in the meetings and convention industry,” Ross added.
For more information about the Meadowlands Liberty CVB and the Meadowlands Regional Chamber, call (201) 939-0707 or visit www.meadowlands.org or www.mlcvb.org.